Click on the Heart symbol above to add this property to your favourites.
La Maison Catalpa is a traditional 17th century farmhouse which can accommodate up to 12 people in its four south facing bedrooms all overlooking the garden, making it the ideal home for families holidaying together or large groups.
We are family friendly and have a great range of toys, books, play equipment and bikes for adults & children of all ages.
The self contained, self catering accommodation comprises off;
• Four good size bedrooms ~ two family / group rooms which run the full depth of the house and are ensuite.
Bedroom 1; large family room. Sleeps 4. Double bed, two single beds. ensuite bathroom with Italian style rainfall shower. High quality bed linens & towels included.
Bedroom 2; Double room. Sleeps 2. Presented with a matching set of French style furniture, with double bed. High quality bed linens and towels included.
Bedroom 3; Twin bedroom. Sleeps 2. With two hand painted single beds. High quality bed linens and towels included.
Bedroom 4; large family room, sleeps 4, king size bed, bunk beds, ensuite bathroom with bath and shower over. High quality bed linens and towels included.
• Large family bathroom ~ with full size bath, walk in Italian style rainfall shower & modern vanity washbasin unit.
• Large communal lounge ~ with comfy sofas and chairs, TV (English channels) with DVD player, NetFlix, docking station for IPod /MP3, log burner for milder months.
• Family farmhouse kitchen/ dining area ~ large farmhouse dining table with seating, large gas range cooker, full height fridge freezer, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, coffee machine, log burner for milder months. Equipped with a comprehensive range of cookware and dinnerware.
• Games room/Library ~ relax with a good book from our selection of thrillers, romance, biographies, factual and more. A great range of books is housed for children as well as a selection of DVDs. Board games, toys, jigsaw puzzles, old school games console PS2.
• Utility ~ complete with washing machine, toilet & sink.
Baby facilities available.
High quality linen & towels.
Beach / pool towels.
WiFi throughout the house.
Set in 2 acres of private land, we can offer you a haven of tranquillity. Our south facing garden basks in the summer sun and is a delight in all seasons. Encompassing established shrubs and mature fruit trees, including, cherry, apple, plum, fig and hazelnuts. We have two resident red squirrels and the garden is a haven for many species of birds, including woodpeckers, Kingfishers, and birds of prey who frequent the adjoining fields. Migrating cranes can be seen flying overhead twice a year. The meadow backs onto the Rizzone stream which gently meanders its way into the nearby River Dronne. Koypoo have been spotted in the stream along with various butterflies, colourful dragonflies and much more.
A large shaded-terrace to the front of the farmhouse provides a welcome area to relax and enjoy an apero and your meals be it breakfast, lunch or dinner at the large outdoor table with seating. Why not cook alfresco on the large bbq, then relax on one of the many sun loungers, parasols provided.
For your enjoyment there is a large 5.5m circular swimming pool with shaded seating for spectators at the poolside.
Or you may wish to relax in the large Jacuzzi and stargaze to your hearts content.
For children, the garden contains a wooden activity centre with swings, slide and a rope ladder. We also have, a table tennis table, badminton, boules, croquet, small pool table, swing ball, footballs and sandpit for toddlers.
Parking, we have a large parking area for your convenience.